So without a TV and XBox this week (I have sold them to make spondoolicks for travelling) I’ve had to revert to other things. I know, it sounds like hell. I mean, all this fresh air and activities I have to do are just awful… well… all this listening to new music is awful. It does get a bit tiring sometimes, and I would love to just flick on the teev and watch something.
Anyway, I have not been partaking in extracurricular activities this week, I’ve just been listening to new music. Oh and I started reading Watchmen. Saw the movie a couple of weeks ago and liked it but didn’t think it was that great. A quarter of the way into the comic/novel (?) I must say it’s so much better. Makes a lot more sense in comic form. So here is what I have listened to and enjoyed in the past week or so.
1. Scraps of Tape – Both Read Between The Lines At All Times and This Is A Copy Is This A Copy. Kind of mellow rock stuff from Sweden. Really seems to be a lot coming out of Sweden lately. And not just the usual pop crap. Just checked out their website here and they’ve a new album out tomorrow! Grand Letdown, must get my hands on it.
Hands In Air
2. Yeah Yeah Yeahs – It’s Blitz! I’ve always liked the song ‘Maps’ by these guys but could never get into them any further. This new albums actually pretty good. It reminds of what I thought Fight Like Apes should have done.
3. All Your Gardening Needs – Picked up a few random tracks. Some weird ambient, esoteric shit from Brazilian producer Tiago Casagrande. Good for an oul drift and stare into space.
Bet You’ll Like Me
4. My Dad vs Yours – Again just a couple of tracks for these guys. They make the sort of music that I could just listen to for hours and not realise I’ve done nothing but listen to them for hours. Guitar based melo-drama of erotic proportions.
In My Arms We Shall Begin
5. Adebisi Shank – The track You Me is all I can find at the moment. Really need to get some more of these guyses music. They’re like a fucked up Redneck Manifesto. Great song.
6. pg.lost – Track Yes I Am I really need to find more from this Swedish (see???) band. As they describe themselves: “An orchestra of the heart, a playground for the long lost sporadic thoughts of giving in or getting back.” I couldn’t say it any better.
Yes I Am
7. The final band I had down for this is a band called ‘The Flouride Program‘, they have a song that is brilliant, White Sweat but then they have this other song called Hands and I know I’ve heard that same chord progression, played the same way in a different song but I can’t think where. It’s really annoying me. Can anyone shed some light???